Question:
Where do you take 4 kids on vacation - all different ages?
beentheredonethat
2006-04-12 12:09:15 UTC
ages: 14 YR OLD Girl, 10 YR OLD Girl, 7 YR OLD boy & 9 month infant. Looking to go on family vacation & cant decide where to go where everyone will have fun.
Thirteen answers:
Vulpster03
2006-04-12 13:15:18 UTC
I would recommend Cedar Point if you are considering amusement parks. It is nearby, and really wonderful. Although Soak City at Cedar Point might be a better option. You could be with the infant somewhere and let the other kids go play on the slides and pools. Soak city is much smaller than Cedar Point, so it would be easier to let the older kids go on their own. It might also be more comfortable to have your own place on lounge chairs and pools nearby. The kids will probably be able to go on the slides, the lines are much shorter, and kids tend to be less afraid of waterparks than they are of rollercoasters.

There are a variety of lodging options at Cedar Point. It might be very nice family thing to consider getting a cottage or cabin at Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point.

If you are looking to spend a little more, there is a nice family resort in a beautiful part of Pennsylvania not far from Cleveland called Nemacolin. They offer very nice accomodations and lots of activities.
cardinalfanusa
2006-04-12 12:23:11 UTC
If Disney World is too expensive (I think Disney tickets are around $60/person), try Branson, MO. A lot of people think Branson is just a bunch of country music shows, but it's much much more. Go to http://www.silverdollarcity.com/ and also check out the links to Celebration City and White Water.

Branson, and the Branson area, also has music shows (including country, gospel, 50's, 60's, and 70's music), magic and variety shows, TONS of shopping, all the miniature golf you could ever want, go-carts, games, museums (including a toy museum, wax museum, Veteran's Memorial museum, the NEW Titanic Museum, and the Museum of the Ozarks which includes everything from Civil War weapons to old dolls and toys, and even the original Bevery Hillbillies car!). You'll also find guided cave tours, a zoo, an IMAX theater, and waaaay too much more to name.

I've been to Disney World, and while I must admit Disney World is the greatest theme park on the planet, Branson is a cheaper, and just as enjoyable vacation experience.

Try these links for more information:

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/

http://www.bransoncelebrationcity.com/

http://www.dixiestampede.com/

http://www.branson.com/

http://www.branson.net/

http://www.bransonshows.com/

http://www.bransonmo.com/
Becky
2006-04-12 12:14:22 UTC
I just went to Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky and I would highly recommend it as a family adventure! The 9 month old might not remember much about it, and you will have to go on tours through the big caves (no crawling through tiny openings) but on the tour that we took, there were two very small babies (one was probably about 9 months) and about 5-8 younger children (undre 8 years old). The older kids, younger kids and adults alike had a great time. I would recommend the Historic Tour (that's the one we went on). The cave trail is aprox 2 miles in length and takes just under two hours to go through. I was worried that I would feel claustrophic or intimidated on the tour, but I wasn't at all! It was fantastic and I highly recommend any of the US National Parks for a family vacation!

In addition (if you get to the Kentucky area)

Check out Kentucky Down Under. They have a cave on-site (very active wet cave - intriguing!) and you can see all the different animals from australia, pet a kangaroo and hand-feed Lorikeets! FANTASTIC for kids of ALL ages and great for families!!!
garymgwm
2006-04-12 12:32:04 UTC
If I had your age group to have to contend with, I would head for Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. The amusement park caters to all ages young and elderly at a cost that would put Disney to shame. It is the most affordable amusement park we ever visited and everything is immaculate. If you wanted to be adventurous, there is a fantastik campground just 2 miles south of the park with every form of amenity you can think of. While you are there, visit Sandusky itself. They offer everything from excellent food to antiques. They have wonderful hotel lodgings also not far from the park. You go in smiling and leave laughing. I guarentee the kids will have a great time. Check any search engine for ' cedarpoint.com ' and they will mail you the information book on everything you will need to know. Enjoy!
tiarawright2008
2006-04-14 11:40:26 UTC
Washington Dc...

or An amusement park might not be too much fun for you with a 9 month old!!
amstar021
2006-04-16 19:26:14 UTC
Try Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH or Geauga Lake in Aurora, OH. Awesome theme parks.
loraj
2006-04-12 16:32:28 UTC
Williamsburg, VA

They will like Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown plus Busch Gardens is very close as well as a waterpark.
Krystin =]
2006-04-12 13:11:37 UTC
tennessee

dollywood (http://www.dollywood.com/)

dollys splash country (http://www.dollywoodssplashcountry.com/)

great environment and get a 3 day pass for only 70 bucks you ca go to both parks how ever many times you want during the three days and other great palaces in the mountains up there
nurserachet_0000
2006-04-12 12:24:13 UTC
Go to Seaside Florida. We took the kids there several years in a row. It was always the most relaxing for us and fun for them. Everything you need all in one town. www.seasidefl.com
morpheus
2006-04-12 12:14:12 UTC
disney land is a bit expensive, drug them up and take them Toys R Us with all the big teddies etc, leave them there, go on holiday, pick them up a few days later when the drugs have worn off, later convince them they went to disney land
all_ways_true
2006-04-12 12:14:33 UTC
Try the beach or seashore. You'll never please everyone, but at least at the beach, everyone can have a good time most of the time--depending on the weather, of course. I recommend Myrtle Beach, SC
eylak21
2006-04-12 12:10:17 UTC
Disney is ALWAYS a good option! They cater to young and old alike!
2006-04-12 12:38:00 UTC
you could take theme to disney land or to hersey park or dinning